The No Excuses University Network
No Excuses University is a network of elementary, middle, and junior high schools across the United States. These schools actively promote a comprehensive model of college readiness to all students the moment they begin elementary school.
Every No Excuses University has a well-defined process for identifying and creating the following exceptional systems:
- Culture of Universal Achievement
- Standards Alignment
- Data Analysis
In addition, every No Excuses University campus works diligently to expose students to powerful college symbolism. This symbolism is seen in the college flags and banners hung on every door, felt through the close partnerships forged between classrooms and universities, and heard in the college chants that exist at each grade level.
For more information about the systems that support a No Excuses University, read the book TurnAround Schools, Creating Cultures of Universal Achievement.
Join the NetworkEmbrace the College Readiness Revolution! Educators at No Excuses Universities believe they have the power to influence every student to be academically successful, even those who are most at risk. This is a radical concept, but No Excuses Universities are making it a reality every day. While there are no annual dues or application fees associated with joining the NEU Network, schools that wish to join must first attend a TurnAround Schools institute with a team consisting of the principal and a member from each grade level. For more information about the application process or to apply to become a No Excuses University, please complete the online application.
No Excuses University Book, Supplemental Handouts:
Before any school can file an application to join the NEU Network of Schools, they must first attend a TurnAround Schools Institute with a team from their school. For more information on upcoming institutes, please visit our institutes page.
No Excuses University News
- Elementary Students Encouraged to Set College Goals
- Make no excuses here
- No Excuses University, college, education
- Program gives kids 'No Excuses' for low expectations
- Elementary School Students Adopt Marching Band To Drum Up Their Aspirations For Higher Education
- Several Amphitheater Elementary Schools enter the No Excuses University Network & Partner with Universities
- Lincoln Elementary's mascot star of the school's new customized book
- Parents urged to raise expectations
- Williams Elementary prepares kids for college
- Dove Academy: The end goal is a college degree
- Teacher Education Teams Up With Adopted Class for Read Across America
- Cassandra Willis, principal of Home Gardens Elementary School (a No Excuses University) is recognized by the LA Lakers for her excellence.
- Arizona Football Players Bring Holiday Cheer to Local First Grade Classroom
- A major medical university adopts an NEU school's health office
- SAGE Students Adopt First-Graders as Pen Pals
- 'College culture' now in all District 68 schools
- Local School Not Taking Any Excuses from Students or Teachers
- OHIO "adopted" by Arizona elementary class
- Auburn school is first 'No Excuses University' in New York
- No Excuses accepted at Hollingworth School in Rowland Unified
- Hanover Highlands named No Excuses University
- At Genesee Elementary School in Auburn, 'no excuses' for not succeeding
- Former Jacks inspire future Jacks
- "No Excuses" for Tolzien
- Grade schools make strides to promote college-bound culture via Texas School Business
- Think you're not college material? 'No Excuses University' tells grade-schoolers to think again
- Giant Red Bird Spotted in Hallways of Hoffman Estates School
- San Rafael's Bahia Vista joins No Excuses University
- Students hop on the college train at Hanover Countryside Elementary
- Ivy League Schools help create a college-bound culture at Cecile Foerster Elementary School.
- It's elementary: Getting ready for college starts early at Hollingworth and Geddes Elementary Schools
- Melanie C. Johnson writes of Vermont Elementary School's involvement with No Excuses University in The Press Enterprise
- San Jacinto Elementary School implements NEU principles and moves from and moves from the lowest preforming school in Amarillo to "recognized" by the state of Texas!
- Will San Jacinto Elementary's students attend college? It's no longer 'if', but 'when'.
- The Marin Independent Journal recognizes San Rafael's Bahia, the newest No Excuses University
- NEU at Lake Louise awarded the Illinois Spotlight School Award
- HarvestValley Elementary School draws media attention for their for their college-bound focus
- Walking toward the future - Students aim higher at San Jacinto Elementary School
- KFDI Channel 10 says San Jacinto Elementary accepts no excuses for poverty
- KVII Channel 7 highlights San Jacinto Elementary (a No Excuses University) in its story: San Jacinto accepts no excuses (includes video)
- Syracuse University Magazine discusses a classroom partnership with Madoc Powell's second-grade classroom at Winchester Elementary School: "West Coast Class Shows SU Pride"
- Los Peñasquitos Elementary School is highlighted by Poway California's News Chieftain.
- The Ceres Courier features Don Pedro Elementary School and their acceptance as a No Excuses University.
- Lincoln School joins "No Excuses University" network
- University of Illinois Alumni Association at Urbana features No Excuses University's Fox Elementary School: Early Learners
- The Valley Chronicle features No Excuses University's Winchester Elementary School: Elementary School Promotes College Early
- The Press-Enterprise features No Excuses University's Winchester Elementary School: Program Promotes College Readiness In Youngest Students
- The Chicago Tribune features No Excuses University's Fox Elementary School: College Spirit Targets Test Scores
- The Daily Herald features No Excuses University's Fox Elementary School: Teaching Kids College Just Part of Life
- The Press-Enterprise features No Excuses University's Collett Elementary School: College Bound
Follow us on Twitter: @noexcusesu.